HOPE, AR – Two women and two children are safe but are without a house after a fire caused heavy damage to their home Thursday morning.
The Hope Fire Department was called out to 802 E. Avenue A shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday, May 25. Hope Police Department, Pafford EMS, Hope Water & Light and Centerpoint Energy were also called out.
When firefighters arrived, dark smoke was billowing out of the north and south vents of the house’s attic. Firefighters began putting water on the fire in the attic from inside and outside the house. The fire was already raging in the attic and eventually burned through the roof. The firefighters appeared to have kept the fire contained to the attic primarily. The interior of the house seemed to be relatively untouched by the fire from the outside but it is unclear at this time how much of the residents property was saved.
Residents Aubriunna Williams and Jamila Reeves said the never smelled or heard anything but noticed smoke coming from the wall around the hot water heater. They immediately got the two children and left the house. Aubriunna said they just moved into the house Sunday and didn’t have renters insurance. She said she had just got on her feet and was saddened at the prospect of losing everything she had. The house is owned by Charles Beyerley.