People around the community have started gearing up for the yearly Relay for Life. Although the Relay is two months away, Teams are already working to prepare events and sign up sponsors to raise money for the annual fundraiser.
According to the American Cancer Society’s website, the Relay for Life is the organization’s signature fundraiser. It is a team fundraising event where team members take turns walking around a track or designated path for the duration of the event. The length of the event varies from community to community. The teams work to get sponsors in the months leading up to the Relay.
This year the Relay will be held at the Hope Fair Park grounds starting at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 5. There will be several other events leading up to the Relay.
Schedule of Relay for Life Events:
* Saturday, April 1: Wal-Mart Warriors will have a bake/craft sale in front of Wal-Mart. They will also be signing up cancer survivors at the same time.
* Saturday, April 15: Second Annual Relay for Life Co-Ed Softball Tournament at Kelley Fields. Tournament hosted by Heather Manor.
* Wednesday, April 19 @ 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Farmers Bank & Trust Hamburger Cookout & Bake Sale at Farmers Bank main branch at 200 E 3rd from.
* Friday, April 21 – 17th Annual Relay for Life Golf Tournament at Hope Country Club. Hosted by Southern Bakeries.
* Saturday, April 22: Relay for Life Beauty Pageant hosted by Pafford EMS.
* Thursday, May 4 @ 6 p.m.: Survivor Reception at Hempstead Hall.
* Friday, May 5 @ 6 p.m.: Relay Night at Hope Fair Park.